In the 1970s technology pioneers had the bold vision that in the future there would be a personal computer on every desk and in every home. Our vision is that in the future every commercial workplace will have a wellness center, with basic exercise facilities and scientific based diet and exercise education available to employees.
Did you know…
* The majority of US health care spending is due to the treatment of chronic diseases including diabetes, heart disease and cancer. The medical care costs of people with chronic diseases account for more than 75% of the nation’s $2 trillion medical care costs. In addition to heath care costs, the amount of money/productivity lost by business due to these health conditions is significant.
* There is overwhelming scientific evidence that shows that chronic disease can be prevented or controlled by a factor of between 40-60% by individual behavior, namely diet, exercise and healthy lifestyle choices.
* Studies have shown that exercise and dietary modification are more effective at treating type II diabetes than the leading prescription medication.
* The primary reasons people do not enter into a regular beneficial exercise routine are as follows: it costs money, they don’t have enough time, they don’t know how. In lieu of simple changes in behavior many opt for quick fixes that don’t work. This is in part why the annual market for nutritional supplements of questionable health value is over $16 billion in the US alone.
* The estimated ROI on employee wellness programs is over $3 for every $1 invsted.